The activities of the Financial Supervisory Authority are supervised by the Parliamentary Supervisory Council. The Board of the Financial Supervisory Authority sets the objectives for the activities of the supervisor, decides the operational principles, and guides and supervises achievement of, and compliance with, these objectives and principles.
The Director General is responsible for managing the activities of the supervisor and taking decisions other than those falling within the competence of the Board. The Director General is assisted by an advisory management group, consisting of the heads of department and other employees appointed by the Director General.
The organisation of the Financial Supervisory Authority consists of four departments: Institutional Supervision, Prudential Supervision, Market Supervision and Conduct of Business Supervision. The departments break down into 3-5 divisions. As well as departments, there are three units reporting directly to the Director General, ie Administration, General Secretariat and Communication.
- Pentti Hakkarainen, Chairman, Deputy Governor of the Bank of Finland (Bank of Finland)
- Martti Hetemäki, Vice Chairman, Permanent State Secretary (Ministry of Finance)
- Outi Antila, Director-General (Ministry of Social Affairs and Health)
- Pirkko Juntti, LLM
- Jaakko Tuomikoski, MA, SHV(1)
Kimmo Virolainen, Head of Department, acts as deputy for Pentti Hakkarainen. Acting as deputy for Martti Hetemäki is Tuija Taos, Director. The deputy member of Outi Antila is Mikko Kuusela, Senior Actuary.
1) Actuary accredited by the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health.
- Anneli Tuominen, Director General, Chairman
- Jukka Vesala, Deputy Director General, Prudential Supervision
- Marja Nykänen, Head of Department, Institutional Supervision
- Erkki Kontkanen, Chief Advisor, General Secretariat
- Jarmo Parkkonen, Head of Department, Market Supervision
- Erkki Rajaniemi, Advisor to the Management
- Erja Rautanen, Head of Department, Conduct of Business Supervision
- Hely Salomaa, Chief Advisor, Prudential Supervision
- Pirjo Kyyrönen, Senior Legal Advisor, Secretary of the Management group